how do you control your emotions with court dates??

i have a 23 month old son and his great grandparents are trying to get permanent guardianship and my older sister is also fighting for guardianship of him to becuase she can provide so much more for him. she is 31 years old and his great grandparents are 61 and 66 years old.

nickzangel1

Asked by nickzangel1 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• be proud that so many people love your child enough to fight for him, i'm sorry you're going through this. most women don't lose custody of their children whether someone else can provide better or not, otherwise rich people would be suing for custody of babies all the time bc they can't have them. just go in with your head held high and try to talk clearly, judges in this field know it's a touchy subject and are used to the tears. they can see right past them, whether they are real or not, you know what i mean. and GOOD LUCK, please update!!!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You're human, it's ok to have emotions over something like this. As long as you don't disrupt proceedings don't worry about it. GL
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i 'd decide to leave the country for another one where there is not a single person knowing neither you nor your child. i'd leave all "besides the heart" you have for him. i'd not think at all about the court and anyone but you. i'm in a kindda the same situation and clear mind as well as finding in a similar situation is alike us. do not rush. please do not respond.
    abcbebe

Answer by abcbebe at 5:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• can I ask why he's not in your custody? if there is really a question of you being able to mentally or physically care for him maybe you really should consider letting someone in your family assume custody. I know this may seem harsh i'm not intending it to be that way, but put your son's needs above your own.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry you are in this situation ...I could never even imagine. My heart just breaks for you. I would not be able to control my emotions and would probably be sent to jail if anyone would ever try and take my children away. Why is your family doing this? I don't mean to sound harsh but I agree with anon. You have to put your sons need above your own. Would he better off with them?
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2010