c-section !?!

i was jus curious for those who have had a c-section, what is it like? my baby was breech..but the doc said it feels like she is out of the breech position (we will see my next ultra sound) but she is still in a akward position...if i do end up having a c section what is it like? im terrified of it! i have bad anxiety and when i think about having a c-section i freak out. but in all reality whatever is best for baby, ill have to prepare myself. so what can you tell me? any advice on how to make this easier on me?

momOF2Girls0710

Asked by momOF2Girls0710 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• one of my friends had one and she said she prefered it to another vaginal birth bc the bleeding was much less. she said she healed faster but breastfeeding hurt her incision. that's all i know.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i've had both c-section and vaginal birth. I would rather have a vaginal birth because healing time is shorter and its not as painful. But, on the other hand, there's no labor pains. After 4 weeks i bounced right back after the c-section. After vag. birth i was up and at em after 1wk only because i had to have an episiotomy.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I had one with my son..but he is my only child so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Mine went very smoothe by the second day i was up and walking around easily, and was out of the hospital on the 4th day. I barely have a scar from it..the nurses said i had a very good surgeon.

I was sore for a couple weeks afterwards and wasn't allowed to drive for 3 weeks.

Only lasting issue i have is a little nerve damage around the incision which makes it feel like its numb.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I had one when my twins had to come out early. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not that bad. Sure it hurts but having a baby is going to hurt no matter how you do it...just in different ways I guess. Just focus on the prize you're gonna get for it,...a lovely little baby!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• read into how to prevent c-section. pushed is a good book and there is a blog (google pushed by block, and find the pushed blog that way). ina may's guide is good, ican international's website.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• the first post- some people prefer it but if you have anxiety and have no idea what your getting into its scary as hell. i had my first daughter vaginally..i would prefer to do that 20 times before i have 1 c-section!!!! with my daughter i was out of the hospital exactly 24 hrs after i had her. it was nothing to me...but idk bout this c-section buisness
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2010