Stuffy and spitting up

Has anyone has a baby who had a really stuffy nose and would spit up their whole bottle. My 2 month old son has a really stuffy nose and lastnight and tonight he had a little trouble drinking it then all of a sudden spit it all back up. We paged the ped on call and he basically said theres nothing we can do because hes too little but for us to use saline solution for his nose. But its like they dont seem concerned that he was spitting up. Called my mother in law and she suggested that if he is still doing that tomrrow to get him in to the dr. Anyone else have any advice? Or am i just being paranoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, spitting up is normal and it usually looks like more than it is. Does he have a cold, or just congested? Because it could be dairy allergies.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:24 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• When the dr listened to his chest said its not in his chest its in his voice box up. Im thinking he has a cold because last week my hubby came home from work sick then my 1 year old caught it, now the little one is all stuffy and sneezy. But is it normal to spit up the whole bottle?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• my LO had a stuffed nose a week or two after being born. i bf so it became difficult to feed. I propped him up in a sitting position while he ate. i would suggest a trick my mom had to do with my lil sis when she was born. prop him up and control how fast he eats. if you let him eat slower, more will stay in his tummy and less will come up. like pp said, the amount spat up may seem scary but is less than what actually came up. also, once he spits up, let his tummy settle again. no one wants to eat directly after food has come up.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 2:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I would try using the saline drops right before feeding him. You could always try using the bulb syringe after the drops, but we never seem to have luck with that thing and just do the drops.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 27, 2010