How freaking scary is this?

People were randomly asked to sign to repeal the first amendment and some signed while others said they wanted to 'check into what its about first' what is there to check into its the first amendment for christ sake!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tznR4wPeS4M&feature=player_embedded#at=458

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• same people who voted Obama. sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Ummm, that is terrifying! It supports my view that you should have to pass a basic civics/government test before you can vote.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Like a bunch of signatures from random people is enough to repeal the first amendment, anyway...are you really worried about that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Is that stupidity or ignorance? Whichever it is, YES it's scary that people would actually sign something like that... What are they using for brains?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:37 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• We are in some deep trouble if there are everyday people who would actually sign to repeal the first amendment. And they would be the first ones screaming about their freedom of speech and freedom of religion rights, too!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I can see why people would sign it... A lot of people can't handle opposing views. Best way to handle opposing views? Shut them up. Is it scary? Hell yes! I will never understand how people can just want to throw away their freedom like that.

“If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” - George Washington
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

No one is worried about random signatures however that people could be so uneducated about such basic things is terrifying.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Ummm, this freedom of speech thing was started when bush was in office. This is an old issue. And it was started by the bush administration. But thrown out several times.
    The only thing I can see having their freedom of speech taken way is that westburo church.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yes that is scary and it was young kids to older folks who signed it right off...hard to believe there really are folks who have no idea about our first amendment right..or simply do not care as long as they do not have to hear their president being criticized..DAMN that 'hate' speech.

My jaw dropped watching this video..crissy I get what you are saying but hell they could say 'noway' and walk off..or tell him to get lost...but then I figure (or hope) most folks would see he was full of it.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I wonder how many people they asked that DID know, but they just edited it to look like everyone was an idiot? =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2010