Have you had heavy bleeding and everything be ok?

Every since I found out I was pregnant I have had heavy bleeding off and on. Today I gushed blood and am still bleeding. It started at 230 and I called my dr. and the nurse told me to come in. After a pelvic exam and ultrasound everything seems fine. Have you had this or know someone who did without miscarrying? Was everything ok? Thanks!
P.S. I went through 3 pads within an hour and a half but it has slacked off some.

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 1:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did know someone who went through this and everything turned out ok...As long as there is no severe pain accompaning it everything should be just fine, but do not hesitate to call your dr again if you feel you need to. Trust me my doc saw me more than anyone in the office prolly...I couldnt feel my lil one move bc of where my placenta was located unless he got his feet in my ribs, but by the end of my pregnancy that is where he stayed was in my ribs so I always knew he was ok. I think he felt my concerns and so he decided to help mommy out, lol..Good luck with your pregnancy. I'm sure everything will be ok.
    sleepless2009

Answer by sleepless2009 at 2:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I had bleeding in the first trimester and i didnt even know i was pregnant i thought i was just getting my period. But i went to the doc for a routine pap and he drew blood and said i was preggo. i stopped bleeding for awhile then it started again and my doc did some exams and found i had kidney stones and the blood was coming from my pee. everything was fine once i passed the stones which hurt like hell but after that i was fine. as long as you dont have severe pain im sure youll be fine.
    lyz826

Answer by lyz826 at 3:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I did at 16weeks of my pregnancy and diagnosed with a 9cm bleed on the left side of my uterus called a Subchorionic Hematoma. I just did a journal on it called "Praying for my baby". Im now 18weeks and my baby is still doing good, with a good and healthy heart beat. Im now clotting and stuck to strict bed rest intel my bleed goes away for sure.
    Assila

Answer by Assila at 4:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i have 2 children and im 15 weeks preg with my 3rd i do this throughout my whole 1st trimester ( i would go through one pad not 2-3 though) i also had blood clots and cramping then at 13 weeks with all mine it went a way i have 2 healthy girls and so far so good with this little one .... with this pregnacy they did find that i have a blood clot on my uterus ans thats what they think was causeing the bleeding in this pregnacy( its bleeding its self out) also i havent done alot of research on this but with this pregnacy i had to go to the er when the bleeding and cramos got bad and the er dr said when he was in medical school he did some research about this b/c his wife was going through this same thing to make a long story short he asked me if i have always ben around 15-20 lbs over weight( since all my preg) i said yes and he said they found in women that were alittle to alot over there ideal weight when got pregnant didnt
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• produce all the things that pregnant women do for example he said when you get preg you body sends something to your brain saying they detect the hormone and that cuts of the period well when your over weight it dosent send the message and you have your period for awhile i dont know if you are a little over weight or not but i just found it very interresting good luck and congrats ont he baby
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2010