God will decieve us?

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

"and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness."
***************************************************************
Can someone please explain this to me?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I sometimes wonder what Paul was on when writing some of his letters. God doesn't deceive.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• If you read the whole chapter you will see he's talking about the last days. basically there will be a veil over the eyes of those who don't believe in Him, that decided to go their sinful ways, and believe all the power signs and wonders of Satan through the antichrist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I have never "learned" how to read the bible ...but to me that sounds like He is going to tell people that they will go to hell for not believing but that, really He won't send anyone to hell. More like just eternal death.

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• every sin is forgivable except Blasphemy wich is not believing in him or denying him in any way.Of course you cant say lord please forgive me for this and then do the same thing again and be forgiven either once you are forgave i am not sure if you get a second chance or not but it is talking about the end of days the bible is confusing to me as well and that is why i would like to get back into church to get some understanding on this
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• It means that God is letting them have their way! Because they don't want the truth, because they don't love the truth, He will allow them to see evidence to that supports their deceptive beliefs. It ties in with 2 Timothy 4:3,4--

"3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables."

If a person doesn't want to believe, if they go out seeking "comfortable" doctrine (I liken it to the popular prosperity doctrine around today) God will let them have what pleases them. Here is another verse that comes to mind--

cont.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Jeremiah 6:16,17--
    "Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken."

and these verses--

Matthew 15:3,9--"But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?...(and verse 9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

People are deceived when they set aside aside the truths of the Bible in exchange for the traditions of men.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:42 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie

Sounds to me like he's purposly deceiving those who don't believe so they won't even have a chance to change their minds even if they wanted to. This goes back to whether or not you think the God of the Bible has already chosen those he wants to be in Heaven with him.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yes the bible is saying that God will deceive mankind. Too many fail to realize that in the bible God has ALL the characteristics of the Devil. I have to disagree that this indicates the last days b/c then that would contradict the verses that "no man knows the hour or the day". In fact I too question why send a delusion when many are living in illusion already. "The" lie, there is no one lie. Deception is a lie...so God is going to lie to the world and punish those who fall for it? It just sounds like the God of the bible plays a lot of games and takes pride and joy in watching mankind destroy each other with judgement, hate and confusion.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• God only sends delusions to those who don't want to know the truth because they enjoy certain
    sins too much to give them up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Anon... then why bother with the delusions if they've made the decision to ignore your God already? Isn't not believing in your God considered a delusion in and of itself?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2010