Braxton hicks or just cramps?

I am almost 15 weeks pregnant and a couple of times a day I get this crampy tightening in my lower abdomen. It holds for about 15 seconds then releases. How can I tell the diff? Which one am I having?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had the same things happen when I was around the same week as you. Mine were braxton hicks which I had throughout my whole pregnancy. It should be completely normal, but if you are really concerned or if they get really intense and unconfortable give your doc or midwife a call in the morning.
    sleepless2009

Answer by sleepless2009 at 2:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i agree wil sleepless2009 , i also had them from an early stage in my prenancy however i never had this in past pregnancys just this one , and they say if it isnt your first child you can often feel BH more , good luck xxx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 7:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2010