C-Section Moms, did this happen to you or anyone you know?

I am not sure where to post this... But I want to know if anyone else has gone through the same thing. When I went in to be induced (I had health complications that were getting worse) ... my water broke within hours of being induced. I labored for 30 hours, only dialated to 3cm. My son had already decended and was stuck. So they decided to do c-section. The entire time I labored, my epidural didn't work. They administered more numbing medicine prior starting the surgery. The doctor poked at my belly with a needle. I felt it. More medicine was administered. The surgeon never checked to see if I was numb and just went ahead and made the cut. I felt the whole thing and screamed until I was put under. I struggled with ptsd for a while. It did not help that I was the last person to hold my baby. My entire family got to hold him before I woke up. I was so upset!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• My sister had this happen to her..It was a sad case, especially when you are the last to hold your lil one...The worse part is that they wouldnt let anyone know how she was until about two hours after they delivered my niece. She had a lot of complications and prior to that they were calling in all immediate family. Yea surgeons can slack on their jobs..I would have reported them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I too had to be induced because of complications (preclampsia) and was induced the epdural didnt work . I was hooked to machine and was told to press the button when ever I needed more it didn't work. I had an c section but. Didn't feel n e pain. Can't imagine goon thru that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• anesthesia is not a exact science unfortunately. I"m so sorry this happened to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I had the exact labor story almost. My middle child got stuck and it was 17 hours of labor. When my doc was sewing me up part of my meds wore off and I was feeling everything on the left side. It was painful but nothing what you endured.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:25 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I'm so sorry that happened to you. Epidurals just don' work well for some people. It didn't work when I had my first bay. She was stuck too but finally came out right after the Dr told the staff to get ready to do a c-sec. Had she not come out, The same thing that happened to you would have happened to me. I think the only reason she came out is because my tailbone broke, making more room for her.

My 2nd baby was a planned c-section with a spinal. The spinal did work, but it took them a long time to get it to work. For me, it may have something to do with the curve in my spine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I was in labor for 11 hours, and was given an epidural. I didnt deliver my son until i was in labor for 26 hours i had an emergency c-section because my sons BP dropped to 30 and i didnt dilate past 4cm. They poked me with the needel and asked if i felt it while i was on the OR table and i told them yes. they still went ahead with the surgery and i felt EVERYTHING from them cutting to the stitching. So no your not alone it just sucks that we had such a bad expericence while bringing such a joy into our lifes.
    lyz826

Answer by lyz826 at 3:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I was pushing for a while and babys head was being felt, and all of a suddend they tell me I need an emergency c because his bp was dropping big time. I had an epidural and most of it had worn off when they started the c and I did scream "I can feel that!!" the next thing I remeber is just blacking out and 4 hours later I wake up and my husband comes in the room and says hes ok but the probe that had been inserted from my vagina was not removed when they pulled him out and it scrached his perfect face from the top of his head to near the corner of his lip, thankfully missing his eye! I was sad that I hadn't held him till 4 hours later, I was pist at the doctors for scratching his face, I was sad that I hadn't nursed him immediately like planned, and I felt like a faliure for not being able to deliver him naturaly but now that my son is 3 I am just glad that he is alive and well. the ptsd is replaced with true gratefullness!
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 4:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My husband was told before I ever stepped foot into the hospital that I didn't want ANYONE holding my son until I had had the chance. I only meant, that I didn't want my parents to come barging in, but he took it absolutely literally and other than the nurses and my doctor, no one else picked DS up, not even DH. It's a good thing I woke up before he started crying!
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 6:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• YES! The same thing happened to my twin sons. I screamed. the doctor said my husband was getting me upset and he was going to make him leave the operating room. Then they tried gassing me to death with either. The doctor told the nurse "don't worry about her, she's out in left field". So, I grabbed his arm to let him know I was still there!!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:37 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Wow.. no this hasn't happened to me either time. I did feel what they were doing but I didn't feel any pain. I was pretty much numb from the neck down both times. The first was emergency and the second was planned. The first time was way worse because they had to rush to get in there to get my baby out. The second was a breeze. So sorry this happened to you.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2010