Third pregnancy / second c-section.....??

Me and my DH what to have another baby. This would be my 3rd pregnancy, the first was when i was very young and i had to terminate due to medical reasons. With that pregnancy i didnt even know i was pregnant until a routine blood screening. My second pregnancy i didnt find out i was pregnant until 8 weeks. I had no vomiting, hardly any heart burn and just mild nausea. We want another child but i am so afraid its going to be opposite and im going to be vomiting all the time. I do not do good with vomiting AT ALL i cannot stand to even think about it. I am also terrified to have another c-section the first one was an emergecny so at least i can plan the next one, but i just need some tips from other helpful moms..! and dont mind the improper spelling and capitlizing im usually very anal about that but my son thinks its funny to put his face in front of the computer screen! lol

lyz826

Asked by lyz826 at 3:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well every one is different you might get sick you might not, and as for the c section you can have a VBAC there is no need to have a repeat c section just because you already had one. I belong to a vbac group on here stop by and check it out there are lots of resources. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• True! you can have a vbac get informed! I was to scared to try anyway, you can totally do this, if you are certain that you want to have another one and you are ready thats great. I have had three c's. No fun at all but its over and if you end up having another c you will be fine. It is nice that you will be able to plan for it rather than have another emergency, that is actuall the reason why i did a scheduled c with my second because my first was also emergency, scarry!! My second was a planned c and it was like walking in to a hotel "I am here to have my baby now". Kind of funny/weird but all is well. I have a 3 yr old, 1 yr old and a 7 month old. You may also have a very similar pregancy to the first, there is a big chance of that as well as having a "good baby" one that is easily content second time around. Thankfully all of my pregnancys were very similar and babies were too, all good. Blessings on you!!!
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 4:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• after my first i was terrified of going through it all again. i was very sick while pregnant and ended up having an emergency cesarean (they even had to put me under- the epidural didnt work) someone gave me the book spiritual midwifery. it helped me to build the confidence back. i have now had to successful all natural VBACs! after i got pregnant again i studied the bradley method... check out natural childbirth the bradley way by susan mccutcheon-rosegg. now i wish i could handle more kids just so i can go through the labor again! as for the sickness... i was sick the whole time, all three pregnancies... it sucks but just think it is for a great cause!

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• ican-online.org
    info on VBACs.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• A VBAC is always an option. I have had 3 c-sections and none with problems. My first was emergency c-section, second was for medical and third was by choice.

As for the vomitting, I have had 4 pregnancies. My first ended in a miscarriage. I was super sick with my dd (second). The I got pregnant with twins, and the heart burn was wore than the vomitting. With my last, it was pretty mild. I think it helped having twins that were 5 months when I got pregnant helped. I had to chase them around so I didn't notice it much.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• No no ive read about and talked with my doctor about a VBAC and thats not a road i want to take. Im fine having the c-section, its just the after part of the surgery. and also it would be helpful to hear about some moms with there 3rd pregnancys. I know every pregnancy is diffrenet but i just want some insight. thanks!
    lyz826

Answer by lyz826 at 1:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2010