i am at low wieght no one will listen

hi my name is morgan i am 16 and i have a two year old son . the problem is i only weigh 102 pounds and i do not look healthy i am 5/3 and i wiegh less than before i had my son and the same as i weighed in 6th grade no one will listen to me not even the doctors they ran tests and said everthing came back fine my whole family says im overreacting and im fine but today in class my science teacher asked me why i have lost so much wieght and i just started to cry i was wondering if anyone thinks this is normal . because i cant even stand to look at my body please help i need some advice real advice nothing mean please

morgan11

Asked by morgan11 at 3:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Health

• Are you eating ok? How about vitamins and 8 cups of water a day? Your weight is just a number. ONLY a number. That goes for being under-weight and over-weight. If you are healthy, you are healthy. The only thing I can suggest is to just make sure you are eating 3 full meals a day, plenty of water (helps to retain nutrients), maybe some snacks, and take those vitamins! You are still a teenager, and TRUST me, your weight will fluctuate over the next several years. Stress is a major factor with weight also. Some women lose weight with stress, some women gain weight. As soon as you stop stressing and accept who you are, your body will relax also. You could also look into taking a protein supplement. That usually helps in gaining weight.

If the doctors say everything is ok, then everything is most likely ok. Just keep yourself healthy and stop worrying, honey! :)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Ooh I went the opposite & got fat after childbirth, so I dont have personal experience. I had my son at 16 & my perfect body went bye bye. Have you been stressed? What kind of eating habits have changed? Have you tried maybe a weight gainer shake from GNC-something natural. My son's father has tried to gain weight his whole life & was very thin>>he drinks those shakes & they have helped him become more comfortable with the way he looks & feels about himself. You seem right on weight wise for your height, so doctors are not going to see this as a health problem, moreso as a personal choice to want to maybe have a more curvy figure. How is your family body type? As you get older your body is going to change...your metabolism slows & you will begin to put on weight.
    HotMama90715

Answer by HotMama90715 at 4:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Have you been checked for Crohns disease? I was just diagnosed with it and within 3 mos. of having it in active mode I lost 20 pounds keep in mind Im 4 mos. pregnant it is extreamly hard to keep weight on the one thing that has been working for me is drinking this drink called boost. My dr recomends 4 a day I have gained 4 lbs back after only 2 weeks
    jessika26

Answer by jessika26 at 4:27 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• my familys body type is weird all of my sisters are big and all the boys are skinny
    morgan11

Answer by morgan11 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2010