Reconnected with my childhood sweetheart, fell in love, now it's hard....

I know this is going to sound really very strange, but please play along!

I had a childhood sweetheart in elementary school. People say it's impossible to be in love that young, but we both think otherwise. After a couple of years (back then) his family moved away, and we thought we'd never see each other again. I always wondered about him, I've always missed him. Eventually, I got married to another man, and 3 weeks ago, I decided I am filing for divorce.

About the same time, I started working for my mom, and my childhood sweetheart showed up one day. We started talking, hanging out, etc., and impossible as it sounds, we've fallen in love again. I have never felt like this about another person in my life, not even my first husband. I have never been this happy or satisfied with anything or anyone!!

CONTINUED BELOW!!

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 3:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If you realy love him dont wait!! I started talking to my high school sweetheart again. We were making plans to be together again. He lived in Florida and I live in Indiana. He wanted me to move to Florida and I wanted to go but I had to wait to finish some things here in Indiana. He wanted me to move right away. We made plans for me to move down there in Febuary of 2009. Well that day never came. He was shot December 11, 2008! I wish I would have went the day he asked me. Things could have been different. Just follow your heart!!! I love him soo much and have never loved anyone else the way I love him. I know he was my soul mate and I waited and now its too late.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 1:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Tonight, we were discussing our feelings, and how we were falling for each other again. Less than 5 minutes later, he said that he talked to a recruiting officer and he has 30 days pretty much to decide whether or not he is enlisting. He had mentioned this before but in a hypothetical way. Now he is serious. I've been telling him not to base his decisions on me, and I would not stop him in making decisions on his goals/dreams. But now that he is talking to a recruiting officer, it's bothering me really bad. I can't stop crying tonight. He wants me to move with him wherever he gets stationed, which I am scared I will be sued by my ex for full custody of my daughter if I move away. I want to follow him, neither one of us wants to leave the other. I am so depressed, I can't imagine losing him again. I guess my question is what should I do, and if I follow him, how do I keep from crying every single night?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• The reason it is depressing me is because I can't stand to be away from him even for a few days, much less the 8+ weeks for basic training plus job skill training. And then that is if he doesn't get deployed! I would literally go crazy if he got deployed. Are there any military wives/girlfriends out there????
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:54 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Honestly if this is right then you can at lest wait until he is stationed somewhere to make your decisions. You are not even divorced yet. Your emotions haven't had time settle. No matter what you think you feel you may have to face that it could be nothing than comfort feelings from a better time, while you are in a time of distress. Also DO think of your child. You are contemplating putting this amn into her life full time without giving her any time to get over her parents splitting up. My only advice is give it time and the right answers will show themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Ok, I guess I should add that I fell out of love with my husband over a year ago. We only stayed together for my daughter who is 1 right now. I have given my ex chance after chance, and we've been separated numerous times. I've been separated in the heart for a loooooong time. I have absolutely no feeling and no stress about my soon-to-be ex-husband. :)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• If you love each other I think he can wait until you are completely divorced to move in together. When he gets stationed somewhere you can move in with him then, and your daughter can come along :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• The main thing is to hold your horses in times of stress things are blurry, you cant think straight, if you are meant to be it will all work out whatever, wish you luck and happiness
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You're floating along on new love hormones and not thinking straight.Get your ducks in a row first before you move by him.If you truly love each other,it can wait.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• That's so great that you are in love and have found someone, congrats! Follow your heart, you will know what's best for you, and I wish you all the luck in the world. You will have enough people coming against you I'm sure, so I just wanted to say I think it's great you feel this way about someone and good luck with it!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2010