Im having difficulty losing weight im fairly active each day any advice?

Im on the go all the time much so i dont have time to eat well, i go for two 30 minute walks a day, i work up to lunchtime cleaning houses, come home clean my own house, have breakfast/ and then at lunch il have what i fancy, go to another job for another four hours come home then have something to eat again but is in the evening its so frustrating believe im very active

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i've recently lost 50 lbs doing this. BIG breakfast. oatmeal, raisen brand, shredded wheat are the best. witha glass of milk, piece of fruit and a boiled or poached egg. mediam sized lunch, small snack at 3 or so. piece of fruit. small light supper. bowl of soup or salad. i was told this many years ago, but since my favorite time of day to eat was in the evenings i was afraid i'd just eat in the morning and the evening. but i was told if you eat more ealier in the day you'll just naturally eat less later. but i didn't listen. and i blew up like a baloon anyway. so now i'm doing it and it's working. i'm trying to eat as nutriously as possable too but i haven't been ridged about it. also getting in the habit of drinking one cup of water on the hour every hour helps too.
    binker55

Answer by binker55 at 6:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• It may sound odd, but the key to losing weight is actually to eat MORE. What happens is when you skip meals or do not eat proper amounts of calories throughout the day, your body's matabolisom slows down. The less you eat the slower your matabolism is, which then causes your body to not matabolise the food you DO it fast enough, causing excess weight. The best thing you can do is eat 5-6 smaller sized meals throughout the day, & aim for between 1500 & 2500 calories a day (good calories mind you, not just empty ones) - if you don't have time, try Ensure drinks & protien bars as well. To figure out how many calories your body needs you should talk to your doctor, or better yet a nutritionalist (they usually have one on site at a lot of doctors offices, ask to see if your insurance covers a visit to one). Once you begin to consume proper proportions, your daily activities will then start to shed the weight naturally & easily.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Of course you have time to eat well. A piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter and and apple takes about three minutes. Stop making excuses.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• you have some good advice. something else to consider is eating late in the day, heavily , is a bad idea for weight loss.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• It's because you don't eat well. Weight loss and maitenance are 75-80% nutrition. People who eat well and regularly have higher metabolisms.

Even though you're active all day it's not really that intense (not getting your heart rate up for an extended period of time for example). Plus, being active doesn't actually make up for not eating well.

If you want to lose weight you have to eat well, eat every 2-4 hours and make your exercise more intense. Walking really only takes you so far when you're talking weight loss. People typically don't get an intense enough workout unless there are a lot of steep hills.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Track what you are eating each day,I agree with 5-6 small mini meals a day,thats what I do.Maybe start jogging each day instead of one of your walks.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 7:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Cut your carbs significantly, no to breads or sugars, this might do the trick!

Answer by older at 7:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• In response to older: The no carb/no sugar diet has been shown to cause problems with metabolism, as well as other health concerns. Carbs are needed for your body to produce natural energy, you just have to be selective with them. Sugar is also needed to maintain a healthy blood-sugar level, but you have to be selective with those as well. Cutting them out can cause lethargic activity, faintness, and even strokes & seizures if you neglect your bodies nutritional needs. This is why the Atkins diet went from no-carb to low-carb. Healthy ways of consuming carbs & sugars are to switch regular pastas & breads with whole-wheat, eating a daily serving of fresh fruit, & staying away from the bad carbs & sugars (white bread, candy, & soda).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Wannabe, this diet is meant to be done for short periods of time for rapid weight loss, it works like a charm and not only does it make you shed pounds, but lot of inches also. Never said to cut them out all together, you are right we do need them to thrive, but keeping a low carb and low sugar diet for a month or two is not going to hurt you. I did it three times and had more energy than ever, sugar is the one that makes you lethargic. Like I said this is not a lifetime change diet, but for quick weight loss, it works!

Answer by older at 8:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Make time to keep a food diary. I have been doing it since the beginning of January and have lost weight, and an inch from my waist!. Really make an effort to take responsibility for what you eat. One of the things that shocked me is, when I wrote down what I ate, how much I wasn't paying attention to portion size- It's simple math. Eat less calories than you burn and you WILL LOSE WEIGHT!! I'm training myself to know how much to eat. I'm getting used to how much a cup of cereal looks like in a bowl, how much meat is really one serving- and I fill up on veggies. Did I mention I FEEL GREAT!! My exercise, now that it's deep freeze winter in OH, consists of bundling up, short walks, blasting music and dancing with my son while I vacuum, running up and down the stairs instead of walking. I will walk more when the weather breaks. Good luck!!
    sheaclaypottery

Answer by sheaclaypottery at 8:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2010