Babys Coughing

Nearly 8 months, she just cant stop coughing. It only happens when she falls asleep. I've got a Vicks humidifier for her, and elevated her head, I've already given her cough medicine but no avail.
What can I possibly do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would look into potential allergens in her room: carpeting, hidden mold, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• If it's happening when she sleeps (lays down), it is because of congestion that is draining when she lays down - - treat the congestion, and the cough will stop.
    There are essential oils like eucalyptus that you can rub on her chest and put in a bath to help. You can also sit in the bathroom with the door closed and the shower going a full heat to soak in the steam.
    Cough medicine for children this young is not good - it's not ok for kids under 6, and should really be used very sparingly after that.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2010