Sleeping problems??

Ok, it's 5:30 in the morning and I JUST got my daughter to go to sleep, this hasn't been a big problem for a while, but now all of the sudden, she won't sleep in her bed anymore. She goes to sleep fine while I'm holding her, but when I lay her down she starts screaming, she's almost 7 mos now, but we haven't this much trouble since she was 2 mos old, any ideas about how I can get her to sleep in her own bed again?

heratyc

Asked by heratyc at 6:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal for babies to start having sleeping problems around this age - - there are teeth coming in and growth spurts to live through. Anytime a new developmental milestone comes up, sleep will be affected.

Does she have a lovey that she's attached to yet? You can introduce one by keeping it with her everywhere she goes. Eventually her attachment to that item will help her self soothe during these times of rough sleeping patterns.

You can also try the no cry sleep solution to help teach her to fall asleep on her own.

TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• What about co-sleeping?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Could be separation anxiety which is normal. If it is teething pain, lying down flat increases the pain (anyone who has had braces will tell you that..especially at night). If you put her down then y ouhave to wait for her to be in deep sleep (limp limbs, regular steady breathing, relaxed face) otherwise she will be in light sleep and will wake up. Expect that in the first year sleep will be affected by what I mentioned as well as new milestones being reached and growth spurts and sleep patterns not to fully settle until age three or four.

The baby doesn't HAVE to sleep in a crib. Babies can sleep anywhere in any room. I co sleep with a crib sed up sidecar style for night time. For day, I put my baby to sleep whereever she happens to be in whatever room I am in.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:51 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I would be concerned that her behaviour stems from something deeper than not wanting to sleep alone. Has their been anything out of the ordinary in your lives that could be causing her anxiety?

I don't want to sound like an alarmist but I would have her talk to a counsellor or doctor...just to make sure everything is ok in her life and that there isn't something going on that you don't realize. GL :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2010