What do you do to ease migraine pain?

Just wondering what others do the help with migraine pain. I'm on day 2 and out of ideas. HELP!!

zetta816

Asked by zetta816 at 7:27 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Health

• I put a cold washcloth on my forehead and lay down. Caffiene also helps sometimes. Hope you feel better!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Dark room, Excedrin, caffeine, and migraine meds (Maxalt is the only thing that works for me)
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 7:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Advil sometimes I take three pills, wait a couple hour take one more, four hours later after first taking it I'll take 3 more, and caffeine.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:43 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• If it isn't gone soon, make an appointment with your doc and have them prescribe you Imitrex. That stuff works like a charm!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Excedrin Migraine & a cold cloth over my eyes while I lay in a dark silent room. Usually if I take a short 20-40min nap like that I feel a lot better afterwards.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• take about 4 advil and take a nap..just avoid the light. i usually get them in my eyes. Sometimes nothing helps.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• 3 or 4 tylenol or ibuprofen, load up on caffeine, ice pack on my head and neck
    klatshaw

Answer by klatshaw at 8:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I take Treximet and get adjusted by my chiropractor. Gooc luck. I sympathize with you, I've been getting migraines for 23 years.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I get death migraines. Have since I was about 11. Here are my tricks.
    Get in the dark as soon as you start getting auras. Don't start stressing that you're going to get a headache, because that will make it come on faster and harder. (I know, easier said then done.)
    Have someone bring you a cup of strong coffee. Don't add sugar. Cream is okay. Drink it in your dark room.
    After the coffee, eat something really salty. Handful of Fritos or something. I don't know what sodium does to the blood vessels in the brain, but this has halted my migraine in it's tracks before. But you have to do this while you're still in the starting stages. Once the pain comes it won't help.
    A frozen hand towel on the back of the neck or forehead.
    Keep a journal. Write down what you ate, drank, did, where you went, what you smelled...everything you can think of within about an hour of a migraine. You may be able to figure your trigger out.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My Dr prescribed me codine for when nothing else will work.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2010