Wierd question but I have to ask, when you're around a flamboyent gay guy, do you act girlier than usual?

I do and I don't even realize it half the time. I don't know if subconciously I don't want a guy to be more feminine than I am. I say subconciously because I could care less how feminine they are lol. I don't know if I'm just wierd or if other women experience this too?

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 7:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It actually depends on the guy. I've had a few encounters where I will actually act more butch than usual, kind of like the roles have reversed from the stereotype. But then other times I will act more feminine. It also depends on what we're doing, like I'll act more feminine if we're out dancing or shopping, but tend to act more butch if we're hanging at a bar or at home just watching movies or whatever. So yeah, it just depends with me.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• my boss is that way...he is WAY OUT THERE. We just usually joke around. The other day he was singing that song "i'm coming out"..(idk who sings it)...i told him that he needs to quit singing because we already know he is gay. He is just really fun to joke with.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• oh, and i dont think i could compete with him. He would win. He does botox and gets his eyebrows waxed. He wears mascara. He even wears panties.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Hahaha! Oh my gosh your boss sounds like a riot! It must be so much fun working for/with him!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• he makes work fun! I come home with stories every day to tell my husband. He likes to cut up but he can be pretty serious when it comes down to it, but he is great
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Definitely more feminine. But sometimes they would act jealous if I had an outfit on and I got attention from the bi guys. This was always fun at work.Back then they would say work it gurl, you're too sexy for your shirt gurl and work it with they finger snapping routine. But fashion would always come up with me and they would critique me and others. I miss those crazy days. The funny thing was it was all in fun and just playing around and no malice intended. It was just harmless fun while at the job.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• OMG YES.

I've never realized it until now! I usually get quieter when I'm around them though, because they tend to be extremely outgoing and talkative, and I shrink back when I'm around people like that. But if I can get used to the explosive personality, I can come out of my shell =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Shay_my boss is like that. He is gay, very gay, but he's still married to his wife. She knew he was gay for sometime and they just decided to stay together but still lead their separate lives under the same roof. He doesn't wear mascara but his hands are better manicured then mine and I don't even want to think about his underwear.

My boss noticed I was wearing stilettos one day and told me "OH EM GEE, those are some bitchin' stilettos". "Where did you get those? I love them. OH EM GEE what size do you wear? Can I try them on?"

I guess I'm the same around gay guys, at least I think so. I just like when they compliment you. My boss always says he loves my hair, eyebrows, and thinks I have sexy calves and ankles. It's flattering but funny coming from a CEO that wears $2500 suits and very few actually know he's gay.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• mine is very well dressed too...he gets festive also. Around thanksgiving and fall he would wear orange and brown and gold colors. At christmas time it was black and red and i think he must be excited about vday because he has been wearing alot of pink..haha.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Once he got dressed as Santa at the company holiday party. We're talking about a stuffy, conservative, Big Brother cameras depository company. It was a blast from the past .
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 27, 2010