Natural remedy for gum infection?

My cat seems to have some sort of infection in her mouth. I'm very limited on money, and the vet said they wanted $35 just to look at it, not counting anything they do or the meds. She said it could be more than $100 for treatment. I just don't have that. I hate to have to give up my cat, but unless there is something else I can do for her, she needs to move to a home who can afford her.

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 8:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Pets

• Truthfully, you shouldn't be treating your cat (and neither can we "prescribe" anything on this forum) if you don't know what is causing the inflammation/infection. It could be diet related or it could be some underlying health problem causing it. Once you've had her mouth looked at by the vet, then you can research some homeopathic remedies if that is your choice. Here is a web site about Homeopathy for Cats and I'm sure there are lots more sites (and even books) like it. I hope your kitty feels better, whether you yourself end up having her examined/treated by your vet or if you feel the need to rehome her to someone who can afford to have her examined/treated.

CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Give up your cat if you can't afford 135 dollars.
    FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 9:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2010