Why so bitter?

Yestarday I ask a question about SAHM's...long story short everyone went bananas!
Yes, I am a SAHM (for 2yrs now), and I have one child about to start school this yr. I've also worked from home and outside of the home.
Thing is I was taken back by the numerous responses of cattiness and insult. We all are women of common ground so why do so many get bitter on a post instead of just answering respectfully and friendly?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 8:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hun, you were hit by a hormonal day!!!!!some women in here, just come to post for that specific reason to be catty and bitter and just plain rude, although I know how hard that is, just ignore the trolls and focus on the rest.

Answer by older at 9:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Why do you care about what a bunch of strangers think?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• The sahm vs working mom is a sore subject just like bf and ff. It doesn't matter if you asked a simple question, someone on that post will post something offensive to the other side in justifying their reasons.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I know the feeling just focus on the ones that are nice to us :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• rkoloms - I guess for the same reason you posted your comment here, or when you've asked a question. I mean if you are going to be rude then why not line up ALL cafemom users and ask the same question. It's not that I "care" curiousity is common on a network site like this, and I assume that is why there is a question and answer section.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• rkoloms..that's why people are on the q and a because they want to know what others think ..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Some people are just determined to start drama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My guess- at some point you said something on a post that upset a group of Moms that are very active on another board or group. Once that happens- you are sunk until they find someone else to freak out all over. You could have asked-- whats your favorite color and someone would have jumped down your throat!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:27 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Sugah....LOL...I was coming back today to answer that q! I didnt have TIME yesterday after I sat and read all the responses! I think that this question IS touchy and depending on what has been thrown at people regarding this issue (bad moms work/lazy moms stay home) people tend to get REAL defensive REAL quick!! Not YOUR fault just personal history :) I am a SAHM. Until I had my DS I was a SAHM with kids in school. My closest friends work. One HATED staying home, was bored out of her mind..........AND has a mama that can get the kids out in emergencies and keep them through holidays! BUT she is ALWAYS stressed about getting her house clean and feels SUPER guilty for mom time! Another friend would LOVE to be able to stay home and cant for financial reasons. She stresses EVERY holiday and summer because she doesnt know WHAT she is gonna do and OMG if one gets SICK! SHE has to leave work b/c she makes less then dh.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• (cont) I am able to stay home. I clean during the day so my evenings have less stress to them. I do NOT clean my kitchen at night and am able to just hang out with my family. sick days/holidays/school functions I am there. I think if you are looking to make a decision it HAS to be what is best for you. There are women who just NEED to work. Nothing wrong with that, we are all built different! BUT once you START working and start depending on that extra income its REALLY hard to go back!! Good Luck! Ignore the snarky people. They may just be coming from a bad place!! :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2010