My son is getting little pimples on on his sensitive skin. Not major acne or anything like that but enough to look bad. What do you reccommend? I have been making use the pads that dry up acne but not good enough. ANy tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My 14 year old niece also has sensitive skin and ran into a lot of trouble once she started getting the usual teen blemishes. She wasn't experiencing severe acne, but her sensitive skin made it difficult to treat without making it worse or drying out her skin. Per her dermatologist's recommendation she started using SkinplicitySkin's Adolescent Female "regimen" and it has made a huge difference. They also make an Acne-Prone Adolescent "regimen," but perhaps starting with something that will gently cleanse will work for your son as it has for my niece. Good luck!

SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Big problems sometimes start out small.
    My dd is almost ten and she started getting little bumps at about 7 years old. I tried some different things~finally we tried acne free and when it did not work we went to a dermatologist. She is using Cetaphil for sensitive skin(face wash) and the doctor gave her some Epaduo. I has been working but she is not very good at keeping her hands off her face and washing morning and night. She also picks and scratches at the bumps and so,it's slow to heal. She is much clearer and it's good to see it finally going in the right direction:) GL
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• ProActive!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• here's the ONLY thing that worked 4 me (& yes i tried proactive). the ingredients are more important then the name brands:
    Clean & Clear Continuous Control acne cleanser (10% benzoyl peroxide), Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent (2% salicylic acid), Clean & Clear Oxygenating Ultra-Light Moisturizer (spf). Wash face every am & pm, for bad acne use astringent right after (my breakouts have gotten better so I only use the astringent when I need it vs all the time), if skin's sensitive use astringent only @ night or every other day. The lotion has spf & is designed not to clog pores, for night time use any non oily sensitive skin moisturizer's okay. Also recommended by my dermatologist & way cheaper than the proactive! Went from looking like I'd rubbed pizza oil on my skin to no acne @ all!!!! Struggled for years to find products that continued to work & this is by far the best!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2010