• In the Spotlight:

is it normal..........?

when my 8 year old snores louder than her father?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• nope
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I snored a lot as a child and eventually it came to be known that I had large tonsils and adenoids and they had to be removed, I kept getting sick and had a hard time breathing ..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Snoring is not normal for a child or an adult, it is an abnormality meaning something is obstruction the airway slightly. Sometimes the tongue falls back slightly to do this or T&A are too big and slightly obstruct the airway.. Does your DD suffer from allergies, frequent colds or ear infections.. Make an apt with her ped and discuss this issue with them, they can point you in the right direction.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i think it is normal my little sister snores really loud and she is normal kid
    madilynn28

Answer by madilynn28 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You may wanna get those tonsils and adnoids out!
    My son used to snore terribly loud. After his tonsillectomy and adnoidectomy(*They took his tonsils out due to chronic strept throat and went ahead and removed the adnoids as well)
    He hasn't snored since.
    You may wanna also ask your doc about sleep apnea with the snoring too. Hang in there mama!!! I hope my answer helped!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 28, 2010