Facebook page bashes teacher..

Watch the video...

Do you think the school had the authority to give detention to the girl or should it have been taken care of at home?

How much do you monitor your childs Facebook?

Soniam301

Asked by Soniam301 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would tell my child life isn't fair and to use better judgement next time. Only a moron would get in a tissy over this and hire an attorney.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• what video ?
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• That is insane, I would be on the phone with my lawyer!! NO way would my kid get suspended over that.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• If there was a written school rule against what the students did that was given to students and parents then they should be punished. If not then of course they shouldn't be punished. I would take my child out of that school.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

lol
    Anonymous

• I agree the parents should know what their children are putting onto the internet..they are underaged kids and it is the parents right to spy on them as long as they are underaged and living in your home..pay attention to what they are doing..giving them some privacy doesnt mean to allow them to do whatever they wish and that you do not need to know what they are doing..because if you have that attitude about it they will take advantage...not to say this father does but amazingly ive heard it before..

I agree with the father that the school should have informed him though ..let him know what his child had been up to before just putting disciplinary action into their own hands..it didnt happen on school grounds..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:27 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Hopefully his kid will be disciplined though she needs it
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• This is absurd. The school has assumed the role of punisher of an incident that occured OUTSIDE of school. School should have called the parents and the parents should have been given an opportunity to handle it. The kids have a right to speak free. If they aren't plotting/causing physical harm~the school is over stepping it's bounds. Schools are NOT in place to parent. They need to stick to educating.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I guess I'm a moron then, I actually care about my child's education. To have one suspended for something so innocuous that occurred outside of school hours and off campus severely oversteps the bounds of a school's jurisdiction. I'm not endorsing what the students did....but seriously this is a behavioral issues for the parents to contend with not the school.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2010