anyone in agora cyber school in pa?

I have just enrolled my 2nd grader and he will be starting on Monday next week. I just got approved yesterday, so i guess I'm just waiting on the materials to arrive! Just wondered if there is anyone else doing this. and what can I expect during my day?

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm in PA and have heard of that but I don't cyberschool. You should try doing a group search for cyberschool, homeschool or PA groups. I bet you'll find someone in your area who does.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 2:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i just recently joined Agora with my K and 8th grader!
    Skyecaitlin88

Answer by Skyecaitlin88 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My son and I have been with Agora since Kindergarten and he is now in second grade. They are really great about making sure the kids are working at the right grade level for them, and finding problem areas that might need more work. In an average day, you can expect to do between 4 to 5 classes a day depending on what your child is taking for classes. For us, Mondays are 4 classes, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are 5 classes and Fridays are 3 classes. As for what to expect work wise, that depends on your child. Some days here in our house go better than others, and sometimes they don't. It is all about the attitude of the child and the patience of the parent.
    Solera

Answer by Solera at 2:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2010