Am I worng

Am I wrong for calling my son when he is at his dad's

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 10:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• NOPE
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• depends on how often. That is their time together. If you are calling to say good night before bed than it is ok. But They need to spend quality time together too.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• depends on your reasons and how often. if you are doing it to irk his dad, then its wrong. if you know doing it too often is creating drama, then its wrong.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Are you calling every 5 minutes or every hour? If so, that would be wrong because that is taking away time that he is with his father. But if you are calling at night to say good night etc.. no I don't think that is wrong.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You shouldn't call if it is only weekend visitation. He should know he can call you or if you would like him to call once a day. You could even supply him with a cell phone if his father doesn't have a cell phone.

If you and his father want to work out an agreement that the father calls once a day when he is with you and you call once a day when he is with the father then that would be good.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I disagree with Gailll on this one. If we were separated, I would be perfectly find with DH calling our DD when I had her, and I would hope he felt the same way. The longest she is ever away from me is overnight (7 p-7 a), and I miss her when we're not together. So, no, I don't think you're wrong for calling him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I only call 2 say god night
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 10:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I don't see it as a problem that you call to wish him good night. If you were calling five or six times a day, then your ex would have justifiable reason to be angry that you are cutting into his scheduled time with his son.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• NO WAY!!! He is yours too.
    boysmomma2

Answer by boysmomma2 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2010