Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I tell a friend that I believe her child has been molested by her boyfriend's little brother?

Here's the deal. I babysit a 3 year old girl a few days a week for a friend of ours. Her mother's boyfriend has been Daddy to these girls since the youngest was two months old. So his little brother was getting into a lot of trouble while living with his mother out of state. The brother came to live with them and the "Dad" took guardianship over his little brother. The 3 yr old girl was scratching "herself" a while ago and I asked what was wrong. She said it itches, so i asked her why. She said (the little brother of the Daddy) scratched me with a stick. She went on to tell me that he came into her room with a tree and poke her with it. She said she screamed because it hurt up to her brain, then the boy hit her in the eye. How do I tell all of this to her Daddy about his little brother?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (13)
  • Just tell them! It needs to be brought to their attention. Tell them what she said to you and have them take her to a doctor. Good luck and I hope that sick S.O.B. gets locked up!

    Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • You don't. You tell the police or CPS and allow them to handle it. In many states if you think a child has been molested you must report it. If you are lucky there will be a team that handles suspected cases and they would talk to the girl and have her see a doctor before anyone is accused of anything.

    Answer by Gailll at 10:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • How isn't the question...tell him NOW the same way you told us here...just tell him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • You could call CPS and report the suspicions and have them investigate. You can call anon. that way if it is not true you are not ruining the relationship between you. I know your best interest is the child and it should be, but you talking to the family might be tricky and they might blame you and remove the child from your care and that will not help the child IF something is going on..

    Answer by midnightmoma at 10:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • Just tell him exactly what the little girl said, you need to think of the little girl and if that boy is doing molesting her than her need help, don't turn your cheek on this little girl, like so many people do in your situation

    Answer by staceynoel at 10:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • I agree with Gailll. If you tell the mom she may or may not believe you. If she doesn't believe you she will not keep her kid away from the BIL. Or she may not want the BIL to get in trouble so she won't report it and then the freak is free to do it to other kids. Call CPS, even if she stops being your friend over it, that baby needs an advocate!

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:25 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • I would sit both the adults down and just tell them with out the kids there at first. I fyou do not think they will take it seriously then call CPS.

    Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • In cases where it's someones family that you suspect of doing the molesting I'd just call the authorities because people have this insatiable urge to 'protect their family" and it means that too many children who are molested don't get the help they need because their uncle/dad/brother/grandpa was the one that hurt them. So just call CPS anonymously and when your friend tells you they're being investigated act surprised.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • Thank ya'll so much....this really helped me a lot. I'm still freaking out about it!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • I would also go straight to CPS in this situation.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting
Am I worng