If your friend fails to call you and let you know she's not going to hang out would you

cut her out of your life? I am living in a place where its so hard to meet people and have only one friend now (yep pretty pathetic) anyway I didn't call her to tell her I wasn't coming to a meet up and now she doesn't call anymore or answer my calls for a few days now...I wouldn't do that...any thoughts? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I would jokingly call her a jerk and tell her I'm butt hurt that she stood me up, but I wouldn't write her off altogether. Life happens and if someone is that quick to turn a friend away, they aren't a true friend to begin with IMO.Just try contacting her a couple more times, and if she still doesn't respond, make more friends and forget her. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I would at least answer and let you know that you hurt my feelings and that I had made the time to meet up with you and I thought that it was disrespectful.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• so after you let her know that you would then cut her out of your life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Since you didn't call her and tell her you were not coming. i would be upset too and not want to talk to the person for a bit.. Leave her a message tell her how sorry you are. Sorry can go a long way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i had a friend like that. I put up with her crap all the time of being mean even when i was miscarrying i still hung out with her and one night i was just so sick i had to go home and she was a witch about it. but when she had one in oct. i said not im not going to be nice. and she was always making plans for us to hang out and then it's be like a hour before i'd text her and ask hey we still going? and all she would say was NO. well come to find out she ditched me to hang out with her boyfriends behind my back and her husbands. i think i was an excuse so she could tell her hubby she was with me and instead she was cheating. She is DEFINATELY out of my life. she was poisonous. plus she hit on my hubby. You dont need friends like that who never call you and let you know they are going to hang out.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 1:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• That was pretty crappy of you. She probably doesn't want to waste her time with somebody who can't take a minute to cancel a meet-up. Yeah, I'd probably really distance myself from you too.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• wow you guys are bitches!
    Anonymous