What is your interpretation of the Abrahamic Covenant?

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 10:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you" (Genesis 12:1-3).

The Covenant that God made with Abraham was a covenant of grace through faith for ALL nations. It has nothing to do with the Law of Moses which came 400 years later. Abraham believe God and it was accounted to him righteousness (Romans 4:3, Galatians 3:6, James 2: 23). The Abrahamic Covenant has never been broken. Only the Mosaic Covenant was broken, because we could not keep it. So God made a new covenant with us through the blood of His Son, fulfilling His promise to Abraham.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Is this a question about circumsision?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2010