how can I make my husband realize that he needs to devote himself more to his son. And not leave him so Abandomed?

my husband saids he doesn't realize this . but im sure he must at least somewhat. what can be done about this maybe. All this makes me so sad. Because I know my son would want to do motre things with his dad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• maybe if you set up things that are fun for them to do and push him out the door, he might not know what to do with him. i leave the movie times, free passes etc out on the counter when dh is home with ds when i work... if i dont give him something to do with him he will just hang out around the house with him doing nothing. sometimes guys just dont know what to do... and like asking for directions, they arent going to admit or ask for help.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You can't make a father love his son no matter how much it hurts to watch your son want his love. Love is a verb. How you show love is devotion and wanting to spend time with another.

One day his father may want to do more things with him and your son may or may not want to do things with his father.

All you can do is let your son know it's not him, it's his father. Don't say bad things about his father because one day he will figure it out on his own.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:43 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• you should really explain the situation better here so we can help or try
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You can't force someone into parenthood.

All you can do is give your son YOUR best.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You can't force him. My husband was an over the road truck driver for most of our dd's young live. When I was pregnant with our twins he went back on the road. but when he got the call that one of our twins was very sick (I was pregnant), he decided to come off the road. However, he went back over the road when they were a month old. Again came off the road when the healthy twin had surgery at 5 months. While we were waiting for our son to get out of surgery, our dd, who was 5 at the time, put her arms around her daddy's neck and asked him not to go back over the road. She missed him so much and was tired of crying and hearing mommy cry and mommy being sad.

22 months later he is still at home.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2010