Food sensitivities

If my son has a food sensitivity to something he ate one time, how long will it take for his body to recover from eating it? How long will it take for his poop to go back to normal if this is the cause?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on how sensitive he is to it and how much of it he ate.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• This is OP-It's been 2 weeks since he ate a slice of kiwi.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• He may always have problems. You never know. I have sensitivities and sometimes things will bother me and sometimes not. It can depend on the season and if I am having prolems with seasonal allergies and my body is just more sensitive in general. I can have problems with kiwi, banana, fresh pineapple, and sometimes I'll have have my mouth swell and not even know what I ate that caused it.

There is a theory about allergies that a person can tollerate up to a certain point and then when you get over that point you start having all kinds of problems. Like a bucket that gets full and then over fills. Or the tipping point.

When I have sensitivities my mouth will swell and sometimes I get rash you can see but it can be under my skin and itch and feel swollen drive me crazy but others can't really see it. Often my cheeks will flush. Sometimes I will have digestive problems. I have a lot of drug and chemical allergies.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Kiwi is way too acidic for a baby, and should not be introduced before age one.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My baby got into my kiwi and swallowed it before I could stop him. So it's not like I was feeding it to him on purpose. It is going on three weeks and he is still having the poop issue. We have ruled out bacterial/viral infection at the Dr so I'm just trying to rule out a food sensitivity. Which is why I want to know how long a food sensitivity would effect his poop.
    Anonymous