Do you think this is rude?

My daughter has been to a few b-day parties in the last 2 yrs. Of those 3 were sleepovers. She always brings a gift, and I've always had comments about how polite she is while at others houses. (Acts diff. at home, imagine that. lol) At the 2nd one the girl actually left the next morning like 20 mins. before my daughter and her other friend were picked up. Then the 3rd one she was informed by the b-day girl, that there was a sleepover....at the party. My daughter told her she didn't know about the sleepover, and she was told "well I just told you about it". The party was at a church, sleepover at her house afterwards. Party was 3-6, at 5:30 my daughter called to get picked up, since the party ended early. When we arrived to get her, the b-day girl had already left, since she was bored. Do you feel it's rude for a child to leave a party that is being thrown for them before their guests w/out good reason?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 10:56 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• So what?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I think so! If I'm throwing a party for my kids, we're the last to leave the party. At every other party I've been to, the bday kid always stays until the very end... That's just so weird that the bday kid would leave early! I call that poor planning on the party-thrower's part, lol!
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 11:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yeah, that's rude. I never went to birthday parties when I was a kid (had no interest in it) but the one sleepover party I did in 7th grade half the girls had to leave early the next morning because it was Sunday and they were scheduled to be alter servers at church. The host's mother said we were welcome to stick around until 9am (since the girls left at like 7am) and then call our parents or we could go to church with her. I had no intention of spending my Sunday morning in church so I called my mom first thing after I got up (although I could have walked, it was only a mile from my house).
    That was a legitimate reason to leave early and it wasn't just the birthday girl (there were about 4 girls that had to leave). I can't imagine throwing a party for my kid and letting them just letting them leave because they were bored.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yes I think that is extremely rude. After all, she's the reason people are there in the first place.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Absolutely it is rude! What selfish little twits these children are being raised to be. I'm sorry your DD has had to deal with them and hope that she will be able to find a friend with decent parents some day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• absolutely. Why say it is from such and such time-and have parents coming at the ending time ...only to find out that the person HAVING the party decided they were done and left. This is anotehr case of
    "what the heck is WRONG with people!"
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yes it rude. The only reason they should be leaving early is because they are sick or there was an accident.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• yeah - its rude
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Well in my own opinion if you are hosting any party you are supposed to be in-charged and make everthing is alright and make sure everyone is having fun and taken care off (especially children's party). Yes, absolutely IT IS RUDE. there was one time it's not even a party but my in-laws visited our house and i left and went to our friends house my husband got so mad at me for doing that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Who took the birthday girl home? Yes, it was rude to leave the party early.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2010