What is the best way of putting your new business out there?

I'm going to be starting my own jewelry business, but I'm kind of shy and I don't want to wierd people out. It's a great company, and the hostess gets free jewelry for doing a show, but I just don't know how to go about expanding my network so that I share this great opportunity with people without wierding them out or seeming pushy. Any tips? Thank you in advance!

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 10:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Advertise everywhere anywhere you can and to anyone you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Get business cards made up and leave them everywhere you can. I have just started w/ Mary Kay and got mine ordered to do this. Double check w/ your company tho, because you may not beable to get them made from a local printing company. At least I wasn't w/ mary kay. You might have to get them right from the company you are selling for. Good luck!
    Tiffany
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Networking every day, both with groups and individuals.

There is a fantastic book called The Accidental Sales Person by Chris Lyttle; buy it, read it, live it.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2010