bath time for boy and a girl??

i have a 3 yr old boy nd a 9 month old girl and giving them separate baths makes it very time consuming especially because my 9 month old is trying to get into everything when she knows that i'm not looking. is it wrong if i put them both in the same tub. any tips on how to get it done without ignoring my 9 month old during this time of development?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bathed mine together when they were young and I think at 3 it would be fine, but not for much longer. Although I would get a tub seat for the 9 month old if you can't keep eyes on her at all times. Can your husband not help out during bath time? You could bathe your 3 year old and then have him hop out and hand him off to your husband while he hands you your daughter to stick in the tub and wash up.

Answer by missanc at 11:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• can the 9 month old go in an exersaucer while you are bathing the 3 yr ols, or can daddy help (if he is there) with one while you bath the other?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• They are both babies, it is fine to bathe them together.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• hubby would b at work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I bath my 17 month old boy with my 3 year old girl. She is already aware of the anatomical differences between the two of them (she helps change diapers and put cream on his butt) so that's not an issue. She actually helps me sing to him and bath him. She'll do things like hand him toys and tell him what color they are and things of that nature, so it's actually really good for both of them I personally think. He actually knows how to say 'watermellon' because of their bath times together (they have watermelon scented shampoo).
    RosaMae

Answer by RosaMae at 11:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I bathe my 3 year old daughter and my almost 2 year old son together. Much quicker and they don't pay attention to their differences....they're preoccupied with their bath toys.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2010