Needing a self-esteem boost before this weekend!

I am about to make a trip out of state with my husband and little boy (1 yr old) to see my husband's family. I am overweight - I was before i even had a baby, and now I feel even worse. The women in his family look like frickin' models. His sisters look gorgeous in swimsuits. Not that we'll be in swimsuits this weekend - but I'm so self-conscious around them. I feel so hideous and HUGE. They are as sweet as can be around me ... so it's not from anything they say or do. It's all me and my own self-loathing issues. ANYway, even though I've lost around 30lbs since the baby, I'm still dreading this weekend and having to be in family pictures and stuff. Any tips to help me get through this weekend feeling somewhat sure of myself?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Get pampered! Get your hair and nails done, get a tan (airbrushed is safer!) whiten your teeth, go to Sephora and have them do your makeup, the works! You'll be feeling like a million bucks at the end of the day. I'm sure your husband finds you sexy no matter what, but I know we all need a pick me up every now and again. Have fun!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• OKAY, just feel and think you are beautiful. i noticed to myself that if I feel down it shows in the mirror and you will really feel more bad to your self. but keep thinking you are beautiful. STAND STRAIGHT, THINK YOU ARE PRETTY IT WILL SHOW. THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS AND POSITIVE. YOU WILL GLOW.
    jjfaraon

Answer by jjfaraon at 11:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Something sappy my Mom always told me.."The prettiest thing you can wear is a smile'..it's so true~! Let your inner beauty speak for itself and everyone will find you attractive~!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 11:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• If you have the money, go get one of the bodysuits that "sucks" everything in (I think they even have them at Target and WalMart now!). It'll make your clothes fit better and some of them claim to make you look 10 lbs lighter!

Answer by missanc at 12:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Just be yourself I am sure you can make yourself look really pretty once you doll yourself up. Don't beat yourself up like that you are who you are maybe the NEXT time ya'll meet then you can show them what you have been up to...but that is up to you to make that change...GL and have fun don't let this feeling bring you down if no one has a problem with it about you why should you. Take a deep breathe and say I can do this...
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I know your weekend is over and I hope all went well. However, there will be more of those "weekends" on a daily basis. You can boost your self esteem while giving yourself a coke bottle figure instantly. There is a garment that will drop you 2-3 dress sizes INSTANTLY, while providing permanent weight loss while you look good and feel great. I did it and I am living proof! I have some info that will interest you. 856.287.5240.
    revivedmom

Answer by revivedmom at 9:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2010