Do you agree with a state spending your money to tell you it's spending your money.?

A state senator from Ohio says his state is spending $1 million on road signs to advertise the use of stimulus money for road projects. In other words, the state is using your money to tell you it's spending your money.

State Sen. Tim Grendell, R-Ohio, calls it a waste of taxpayer dollars. The road signs he's concerned about display words such as "Project Funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act" Some road projects have two signs, and some don't have any at all, but the signs aren't cheap.

And Ohio isn't the only state turning taxpayer dollars into road signs.
CNN found most states are spending stimulus money on signs and that could cost taxpayers nationwide about $3.8 million
Although the Obama administration promised the stimulus package would create jobs, there is no evidence that putting up these road signs created any jobs.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ted Andrzejewski, the mayor of Eastlake, Ohio, and a Democrat, is also angry about the signs.

He says for a bit more than what the road signs cost, he could've fixed a road in his community and created more than two dozen jobs.

The mayor says all of his stimulus requests were turned down.

"The problem is sometimes our politicians don't understand what a million dollars is," Andrzejewski said.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I have just tried to call our Gov, Senators, and Congressmen. Only talked to one actual voice. The rest were voicemails. Are you prepared to hand over MORE tax money to the Federal government? They want another stimulus bill. Are you willing to give it to them?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• (... Oh, Lord ! ... )
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I've seen some of those signs here in my town. All on roads that don't need any fixing done. And the roads that DO need work are just getting worse. One of the ones getting fixed is a cul-de-sac with about 10 houses down each side. WOW!

I think these signs are a waste of valuable money. But no one will listen.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• No signs in our town, because the stimulus money will never make to my small town. The people in the capitol forget there is anyone living outside the capitol city and it's suburbs.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• 29again that is because the states did not get enough stimulus money to repair the really bad roads. It cost more money then what they got from stimulus and since most states are in the red they do not have the extra money to pony up for what the stimulus wasn't gonna cover. I remember there was a article in a local paper that said that Obama basically said to patch the really bad road and to repave the good ones because of the problem.

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 5:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Oregon has those and I get ticked off every time I see one! What a waste!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2010