What else can help my 3yr olds costipation?

My daughter has bad constipation problems she is taking perscribed miralax she will be good for a few days then get very constipated again i have tried everything is there anything you would recommend for me to help her?

momof2girls757

Asked by momof2girls757 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Mine has to do a lower back adjustment. Within two hours my DD will be going. I really don't know how to discribe it. But I love it. When she is stressed she will hold it. It is something she can control. But once she gets that adjustment she can't seem to hold it anymore.

If you do go. Talk to the chiroprator what it adjustment does. It is so interesting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• When my DD was a babe, my Dr. told me to give her pear juice.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• apples, fiber, pear juice, prune juice, pineapple juice
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• are you giving her the mirilax daily, even after she has a BM?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Daily apple juice.

SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I am giving Miralax daily even after a BM and the apple juice just does not seem to work for her she drinks it every day
    momof2girls757

Answer by momof2girls757 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My DD sees a chiroprator for her costipation. We also do prune juice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Sometimes kids will hold their stools in and become constipation. If there were problems with potty training, if she goes to day care or pre-school, or if you are away from home a lot these can all cause her to hold her stools in. Watch to see if this might be the reason.

Milk causes constipation and kids don't need to drink cow's milk at all. Cheese, ice cream, and pudding would also cause problems. Yogurt with live cultures would be OK. Kifer is a milk product that helps digestive problems. You can find it in most large stores or healthier food stores. It's considered a superfood.

If your daughter isn't overweight fruit juice may help. Apple is a good one. There are high fiber cereal bars that taste good that have 35% of adult fiber. Oatmeal is a great source of fiber.

I'm not sure what you have tried since you say you "have tried everything."
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Really i have heard this but what does the chiropractor do?
    momof2girls757

Answer by momof2girls757 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2010