Calling everyone...Bible beliefs

Why do you believe or NOT believe that the Bible is gods word?
Is it your faith?Something someone said or that you found out?
All in all it is a book written by man, right, whether or not the people were inspired by god? Asking for opinions. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:54 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that it is the very breath of God. I believe God created the whole world by speaking it into existence and that His word is powerful and living. The Bible says that it is inspired and profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness. I believe that I need the words of Scripture more than my food. Jesus said that the Scriptures were true. Jesus used Scripture to combat the temptation of Satan. The psalmist says if we memorize it it will keep us from sin. The Bible says that the Scriptures are part of our spiritual armor (the sword of the Spirit). And Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would speak to us the Scriptures to help direct our lives. I personally have found this to more than true. I think our problem is that we don't give enough credit to the living Word of God. We should meditate on it all day long.

Cinnamon-mom

• a lot of the stories are way to close to older myths...there were people believing in gods before the bible was written...
    no one can seem to get the same opinions of various things in the bible because they interpret it differently and I think that something that was supposed to be THAT important would NEVER be so confusing or easily twisted or misunderstood.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:55 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• IMO! I believe God chose the ones he knew would be willing to die if it came down to it(to prevent the scriptures being written). The only thing documented as being written by God was the ten commandments. The bible was God's word but written by man. Why??? Because if man believed in this and wanted and needed to accept writing the bible to spread God's word, then he could in tern get others to believe in the word of God as well. Let me put it to you like this(just an example): lets say you decide to write a journal about all the things you learned, believed in, and wish you could change, how you wish your life was and what you could have done to obtain it; and when its complete you give it to your first born(or whoever you know plans on having a family) and tell them to give it to your grandkids when they are able to read. This book is your knowledge and growth and even though your grand kids may not know you, you left them
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I don't believe in all of it. Simply because I've read other views that make more sense to me. I do believe in God, and that He sent Jesus to tell the world about Him. I believe that many, if not all, of the stories in the bible that talk about Jesus preaching about God and teaching people about Him, really happened. But I don't believe he died on the cross to "save me". And I don't agree about certain things being sinful. But I do attend a Christian church. I love learning more about what the bible says and trying to understand it more. I take what makes sense to me, and leave the rest. A lot of my reading has been Sylvia Browne books. bash away people, I love her! lol..
    Everyone is entitled to believe what they want. I don't judge and I don't preach. Just love and accept. I also wont argue my opinions, because they are mine. I don't need to defend them, just as others should not have to defend theirs. To each their own. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• "And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates." Deut. 6:6-9

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalm 119:11

"The law of thy mouth [is] better unto me than thousands of gold and silver." 119:72
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I dont believe that the bible is the word of God
    1. too many versions
    2. it was rewritten form the original
    3. books are missing
    4. it's a bad copy of the Sumerian Tablets
    5. Its contradicting
    6. Its one of many bindings
    I learn something new everyday. I do my spiritual homework, and the bible just doesnt add up. I think that the original was an attemp to be factual and historic, but it flopped. I find that some things in the bible are comparible to other records in Ancient cultures, and for that I dont rely on it entirely. I eat the meat and spit out the bones...
    The bible was written by man, and far too many. For me its just not credible

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• something that will allow them to know you and your hopes for them. God wants us to live forever and knowledge of Him and bible principal is going to allow us to obtain that. The bible has been rewritten but the message has never changed!!! If you know God is real then there is no reason to doubt the bible!!! The bible tells us how and who God is. The world we live in is not what God intended for us! I believe the bible is God's word and I believe the men who wrote the book had special purposes in their lives: to get others to believe in God!!! It also teaches us why Jesus sacrificed his life for us, and willingly! I love Jesus as my brother, and God as my Father; with out that love and belief I do not know where I would be!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Just a word of caution. The work of Satan has always been to cast doubt on the Word of God. The first time we see him in the Scriptures he is making Eve question what God said. "Did God really say?" then he contradicts it "You shall not surely die" He is a liar. He twists Scriptures craftily causing people to be confused and doubt. Satan even twisted Scripture when he tempted Jesus, misquoting Psalm 91 and implying that Jesus should jump off a cliff because angles would prevent His injury. He twists Scriptures, causes confusion, doubt, etc. All becuase He is a destroyer. He wants you to die. He wants you to destroy your life. He wants you to doubt God's goodness and God's plan for your salvation.

Anyways, that is clearly taught in the Bible. There is a war going on for our souls. We all have an enemy.

I know not everyone believes this, and that is fine. But I just wanted to point out what Satan does with the Bible.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• No Jesus did not die on a cross, it was a wooden stake that was in the shape of a lower case t. I respect the belief behind the cross but the meaning is wrong!!! And I hate to say this but look it up in a bible that is of hebrew translation!!!!
    Anonymous