Child custody

My son's pediatrician wrote a letter stating that I should get sole custody for various reasons. Does it need to be notarized or is the fact she is a doctor enough credibility?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wouldn't hurt to get it notorized....
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I went to court recently for custody and the Judge would not allow information, notarized or not, from anyone (teachers, drs, etc) that were not present in court to be cross examined by the defendant (my ex). I don't know if that's a NC law or what, but know that it may not be allowed even if notarized.

Answer by missanc at 12:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Geting something notarized means that the person who wrote it signs it in front of a notary, then that notary's signature serves as proof that it was really written by that person. So the only way it adds credibility is that it guarantees that your doc wrote it, not just you claiming that your doc wrote it. Since getting it notarized would mean either bringing a notary to your doc or bringing your doc to a notary, I'd check with the family court to see if it makes any difference in the family court in your state before you bother.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2010