Dental..

Do you take your child to a dentist office that specializes in pediatric dentistry while you go to a different one, or do you just go to a "general dentistry" office? Does it matter insurance-wise if you go to separate offices? I want to make sure my 2 yr old has the proper care she needs..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My dentist does not see children and insisted that we take our daughter to a pediatric dentist until at least ten. He was so right!

Answer by rkoloms at 12:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• We go to a family dental office. They cover everyone's needs.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I take my kids to a pediatric dentist - it's just more fun for them and everything is "kid" size and very kid friendly. I go to a general dentist. It doesn't affect insurance at all, as long as both offices are covered by the insurance.

Answer by missanc at 12:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I'll be taking my kids to a pediatric dentist, at least at first, simply because they're more experienced with kids and should be more able to make them comfortable. After they get used to the idea of the dentist, we might all start going to the same one, but specialized at first. And it doesn't matter at all to your insurance; they'd have to cover separate claims, anyway, as it's different people and visits.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My kids go to a pediatric dentist and I go to his semi-partner, who does 16 and up. The kids' dentist will see you until you're 18, and then send you over to the guy I see. I really, really like both of them. They're both phenomenal. The kids actually ENJOY going to the dentist!!!
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 3:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2010