Fetal movement

I'm almost 18 weeks pregnant. I've been feeling movements very little for about 2 weeks now. At first it was very low but now oddly I feel it like an inch above my belly button. I know that your uterus is not supposed to reach yourbelly button till 20 weeks gestation so that's why o find it odd. Please don't say I'm stupid cuz I know what I feel. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experianced this and what your OB had to say about it. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I dont think your crazy..Babies are constantly moving all over the place, and it may just be that you are carrying higher...I always feel the baby fluttering around my left side and I started to feel the baby at 10-11 weeks...I am sure people thought I was crazy for thinking that I felt movement that early, but I did...I know my body and I know what I felt.. Everybody is different and so is every pregnancy!! :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• With those books it is a guess on what is normal for a majority of women. So your could be up there.
    Anonymous

• babies are all over in there, you could be farther along but you are probably feeling your kid moving around in there.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Well, my little man (due April Fools Day) has ben extremely high from day one. I started feeling the same thing and when the nurses would look for a heartbeat I would tell them to move the monitor higher and they never believed me until they did it and found the heartbeat! lol. He is extremely high now and everyone always thinks it's a girl because typically they are high... but my girls were low. So ye, I experienced it and it is normal and everything is fine. = ) Congrats!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• congrats- your ok maybe your further than you think you are or the baby is just letting you know he or she is there..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• This is normal. The baby is probably big and you are just feeling it sooner then the books are saying.

boysmomma2

Answer by boysmomma2 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2010