what wold be a good birthday for a toddler turning 2?

we dont have any family or friends out here. so its just us(daddy,brother,birthday boy,and me).

sleepysweet

Asked by sleepysweet at 12:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go to Chuck E. Cheese! That place rocks!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Lol, I agree, Chuck E. Cheese is awesome. And if you go on a weekday morning, you'd have the place pretty much to yourselves. My 2-yr-old has a blast there in the toddler area, and there's stuff to do for grown-ups and older kids, too. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Have a picnic if you have nice weather, or go to Chuck E Cheese!
    For our dd who turned 2 labor day weekend, we had a big picnic at our house with her cousins and some of our friends' kids. We bought a pinata, which was a big flop because no one was really old enough to do it. They had more fun just platying on the swing set. I knew it would be too overwhelming to have gifts and all, so I just told people we'd like contributions to their favorite children's charity instead. I made her a cake and we bought ice cream sandwiches and cut each of them in 4ths so it wouldn't be too much for them to eat.
    Anonymous

• Have a park day. Take him to the park, get him a pinata and let him attack it, lol. Let him and his sibling pick out the foods they get to eat (since at that age they are becoming very independant) and just let them go wild at the park. That's what we did.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• We had a great day with our daughter when she turned 2... we let her call the shots (with choices)... after doing presents first thing and making a birthday breakfast, we did a morning outing, and she could pick the library or the children's museum (her two favorite places; she picked the museum that day); we ate lunch out but let her pick the place (again, giving her 2 choices both of which she liked); she had a regular nap, lots of time to play with her new toys, and a quick walk to the park, followed by dinner at home with a homemade cake to follow. Bath and bed at usual time. I'd say just do the things your child likes to do, no need to overstimulate or overdo it; but make it a day for him -- no distractions... Enjoy, it's a fun day.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2010