What are you doing with your tax money?

I am not doing anything exciting this year. This year I am paying off a credit card. So now I will only have one credit card. I am pretty excited about it.

danielle8717

Asked by danielle8717 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• we're getting back a good bit. and lucky for us we'll use it to get us out of debt all together. no more bill collectors, late payments, ect. YEAH!!!
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Getting the dental work done that my husband needs. And buying a convertible carseat for our baby.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I am hoping to get enough to get a used car. Almost any car is better than my current one that has no driverside handle (it fell off one day when I was opening my car door), no working windshield wipers, no internal lights, over 300,000 miles, gets 13 miles to the gallon, has a welded shut oil pan (because walmart screwed up & now I have to get my oil changed out the top which is pricey & most people wont do), & needs a new bottle of oil put in every other day due to a massive leak. That is amongst the most recent problems with this damn car. We were going to use the money for a security deposit to finally get our own place, but I really need a better working car instead.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Oh wannabe I hope you get your new car fast. I have to know though, what car lasted to 300,000 miles?

We are paying off our move and appliances with ours.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Twin Mommy: It's a '89 Chevy Blazer but the only reason it has lasted this long is due to replacing some key elements to the car...it has gone through 2 transmissions just since I got it in 2005 & it has had it's fuel pump replaced as well as it's electrical. I have spent way more money fixing it than I even paid for it & probably could have gotten a nice car had I saved all that money LOL.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Bills, bills and bills! :D I'm really excited to get them paid off!!! YAH! Means more free money each month!
    Anonymous

• With our Federal tax refund we will pay our city taxes which are about $1250 and we should have $400 left and then we'll get about $250 back for our state refund (we already filed but I have no clue what the numbers were exactly) and that money is going to pay off our credit cards which we only use for emergencies/for unexpected expenses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2010