Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taxes Question

I got my w-2, and I usually go to h&r block to file my taxes.... Whn is the soonest I can go and file them, and what is the latest that I have to make sure that I have filed them. I live in NY.


Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • If all you needed this yea was your w2 I would FILE NOW. That way you don't have to worry about penalties. And if you ONLY have the w2 and don't need to file other forms - don't go to H&R block - go to and do it yourself for free!

    Answer by RutterMama at 1:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • You can get them done anytime between now and April 15th is the deadline.

    Answer by Fordmomma at 12:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • You can file as soon as you have all your W-2 forms and any other forms you will need to send with your taxes. If you file the 1040EZ it is very simple and you could do it yourself. If you make a mistake the IRS will correct it.

    If you get money back you should file asap if you want your money. If you owe money you can file up to April 15.

    Answer by Gailll at 12:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

  • You can go between the time you receive your W-2(s) and April 15th... that 's for any state. = )

    Answer by Memigen at 12:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010