i had a c section

i went in to the doctor friday and had kayla sat. at 5 25 then. and i had a emercey c section and now im home. but at the hospital some staples came out and they said it was ok. now i have a inch hole that still is bleading at times. is this okay? this is my 4th kid but 1st c section and i dont want to end up back in the hospital. what should i do?

amberplus3

Asked by amberplus3 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think you should call your doctor, i never had a c-section but my siters did and they had similiar problem and had to be taken to the hospital. hope you feel better
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Go back to be looked at! They removed my staples before I left the hospital, but that was because the wound was closed. They said any bleeding or open wounds need to be looked at right away, especially with the risk of tearing the incision and getting an infection! You will be more likely to end up back in the hospital if you wait & something happens than if you go & have them look at it & patch you up now...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• They should have taken the staples out at the hospital. I would call the doctors office and let them know. My incision healed very quickly. Maybe you are over doing it. You should be taking it very easy. You don't want to damage the healing your body is doing inside as well.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Your staples should stay in for like two weeks and then be removed in he doctors office. They should have found a way to suture you shut or something because that doesn't sound normal at all. I would call your OB and explain the situation and ask to be seen immediately. If they refuse you that is medical negligence because that hole could cause a much larger infection and more problems that could be very severe. I have had two c-sections and I am going for my third come April Fools Day. Trust me, that IS NOT normal.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Hey anonymous.... If you're so darn full of guts why don't you at least let people know who you are when you're bashing someone?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Granted anon :57 was a little on the harsh side, she's totally right Memigen. This is a medical problem & none of us are qualified to help her, she needs to be seen by a doctor & soon. If someone on here were to give her medical advice & something were to happen to her then we would be at fault legally. What she is describing sounds serious & could cause major problems for her, especially if she were to become infected or have any internal tears. I am not a condoning bashing on here, especially under anon, but sometimes people feel the need to be blunt to get their point across, & that's what it looks like she was doing. She seems more concerned than hateful IMO.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• No they don't take the staples out at the hospital, I hate staples. Stitchers are much better. If I was having another c-section I would INSIST on real stitches. Staples are the doctor being lazy! I'm assuming that the OP has already gone back to the doctor. If not get you fanny in there. I had one spot that didn't heal right that they cleaned (darn that burned) and then taped. It was small. No bleeding, just crusty about two weeks later. Simple in office fix.
    Anonymous

• no not ok, please get to a doctor.. I've had two c section btw & no bleeding
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• GO BACK !!!! I have had two and that is not common. You can get an infection and then it will take longer to heal.
    boysmomma2

Answer by boysmomma2 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• When I had my c-section with my last one, after they took out my staples I tore about half and inch and that freakin hurt! I called the doctor and I had to go back right away to get it fixed. There is a high risk for infection, and if that happens then you would have to go back to the hospital. It was a quick fix, a few stitches and some antibiotic cream. No biggie but if you wait it can turn into a HUGE deal.
    Cecilydw

Answer by Cecilydw at 6:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2010