Any ideas on what to do for my daughters 18th birthday coming up.

My daughter is turning 18 next month. I would like this to be pretty special. Not real pricey and not overboard, but any ideas would be appreciated. Probably be 4 or 5 girls to participate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• BEER!
    Anonymous

• i would sit down with her & just ask her 18 girls can be picky.. a good party has music, food, & friends..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I personally wouldn't allow alcohol considering she's going to be 18 not 21 & thats a crime.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Apartment listings?
    Anonymous

• :14 AM by: Anon 

Apartment listings? rolling on floor

Anonymous

• I got a down payment for college for my 18th but I think you're looking more for party ideas? How about a weekend somewhere fun. Could be the beach, Las Vegas, a nearby city. Get a hotel for the girls (maybe you too depending on your relationship and her maturity) and give them a prepaid credit card to have dinner and go out. My parents took my little sister to Las Vegas for her 18th and they went to a few shows, she LOVED it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 6:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• A map and a suitcase for her journey in life

Answer by admckenzie at 8:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• For ours, when they turned 18, we had a big party (co-ed) for their 18th bday. For my 23 and 19yo's we had bbq's since their bdays are in August & they swam, played volleyball and hung out. For my 18yo we had pizza and chips since his bday is in Dec. and they spent the evening playing Rock Band. Just invite her closest friends over to hang out and maybe go out if you trust them all and let them have some girl time at the house for a ccouple of hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Honestly, if all the guests are over 18 and you contained the drinking to your house & make it a sleepover no one is really going to care. If there are kids under 17 it's a problem but....there are many 18yo's who drink in the privacy of their own homes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• my daughter has decided that she wants to resort to her childhood. i am renting out this place called Jumping Jacks that has the big inflatable slides and obstical courses. All the kids will be able to run silly and get rowdy and they cannot wait!
    BTW there will be 23 Kids co-ed.
    On the alcohol issue.,every child needs to have a written permission from there parents to be able to drink. No note=no booze. It works well. if you can verbally talk to the parents that is even better. And all keys are collected at the start of the party and the D.D have a wrist band or something that identifies them.
    LeeLeeLovesLost

Answer by LeeLeeLovesLost at 6:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2010