has anyone tried...

has anyone tried the special k diet? how do you like it? can you recommend a web site or give me your personal advice on meal planning for myself. i am trying to lose 30 pounds. i don't want to do it too fast and am looking for a diet that i can stick to. thank you.

eva123

Asked by eva123 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I did it a few years ago when all they pretty much had was the cereal, but I ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast and lunch and then had a "sensible" dinner. I snacked on fruit and veggies. I only lost 5-7 lbs, but that's all I needed to lose. I imagine with all the water and bars it would be much easier now. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 12:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I highly recommend weight watchers. It's easy, healthy and it works. I do it online, have never been to a meeting, but I know others prefer it that way. I got serious again on 1/4 and have lost 9 pounds so far.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• After reading the abs diet, I got alot of good ideas on how to eat a healthier meals and it is working combined with excercise 5 days a week.

I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks, changed to whole wheat, lean meats and fresh/ frozen fruit and veggies. I limit the boxed/canned food as much as possible and cook with olive oil and fresh ingrediants. I thought it would be expensive but really it isnt I feel fuller and i dont have that heavy after meal feeling that drags you down. My snacks are normally fruit, cheese, or yogurt.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating. To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Rkoloms advice is excellent!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• rkoloms has it.

special k may seem healthy but check the nutrition info on the side of the box.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I can't see how that would be a good thing to do.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Diets are TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS and most people gain it back when they go off the diet.
    You have to make lifestyle changes to have lasting results. Diet and exercise together make the difference ..

I have an on line health & wellness business and sell workout vidoes for all shapes, sizes, ages and fitness levels. We have kids workouts, to senior citizen workouts.. yoga,hip hop, kickboxing cardio ... we have something for everyone.

Personally, I like Turbo Jam and Slim in 6 and they have modified exercises until you build yourself up to the full workout. Most of the videos come with a realistic nutrition program also.

There are hundreds of success stories and virtual workout buddies and/or chats to help keep you motivated.
    If you're interested in more info, just send me a message.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 12:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Here are some simple and FREE things you can do also.

You can squeeze in a workout just about anywhere ...... when I'm driving in my car, I will suck in my stomach to the beat of the music (great for abs) ... you can dance around the house while cleaning (dancing works all muscles, and makes cleaning more fun).... if you sit at a desk, you can sit on an exercise ball instead of a chair (many women at my job are now doing this)
    MaryJacobs