I know, sick of the tax questions...but how do you file yours? Do you do them yourself or someone else?

My hubby did ours online through Turbo Tax and paid $29 to do that. The free one wasn't as good.

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 1:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you do the 1040EZ you can do it online with the IRS yourself. It is very easy.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My hubbys Dad does it for us for free.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I let H&R Block do mine. I'd rather know that if they screw something up they are responsible for fixing it and not me. After all, I'm no tax professional. Plus I went to a different company last year like a dummy and they screwed my taxes all up and I almost got audited. I'll never go to anyone else again but H&R Block. The fee is worth it to me.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I usually use H & R block online. I think this yr I will go in to have them done though because I have some things I am not sure what I am to do about them & I dont want to mess it up.
    Anonymous

• H&R block has as free one that is just as good, we use it every year.
    Anonymous

• i also have used turbo tax..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• hubby used to do ours, but because of his job he has so many special deductions and write offs that he has someone else do them so that nothing gets missed.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 1:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• H&R Block is terrible! We got screwed on a refund from there before...their employees aren't trained enough! Plus, they charge way too much!
    Anonymous

• I do it myself. I file online.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• The first couple years that we were married, we used H&R Block and paid between 300 and 500. Since you pay per form, it was really expensive, and they wouldn't give us a firm quote beforehand.

I learned after that and used taxslayer last year and did them myself. They were okay, but not my favorite. I had to close the program a couple times to take care of kiddos, and although it said it saved info, it really didn't. If I didn't know for a fact that I had to file my husbands student loan paperwork, then we would have lost out on a few hundred dollars.

This year we used turbo tax homeowners edition. I liked it pretty well, but it was a bit vague in terms of itemized deductions. We wouldn't have gotten a huge break from doing all of the itemized deductions, especially not enough to cover the cost of H&R Block, so I did them myself. They really aren't hard.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2010