how do i tell my dad that am pregant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on your age and circumstances. But I would think if you are mature enough to have sex you would be mature to tell your father you are expecting.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• if ur married it shouldnt be a problem, if ur not, i have no clue. he's not gonna be happy.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You just tell him. What is the problem?

Answer by rkoloms at 2:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I told my dad over the phone. He changed the subject and I don't think he fully acknowledged that I was preg. until he came to visit me and my son in the delivery ward. I was 24 and unmarried (but in a long-ish term relationshipj). It was definately hard. To make matters 'worse', my parents are divorced so I had to make 2 VERY uncomfortable phone calls. I live 3 hours away from my family- so telling them face to face wasn't an option I wanted to wait for.
    I am now preg with my second (married to father of the first). When I told my dad this time he reacted about the same.... I think my dad just doesn't want to accept the fact that I have had sex. As far as he is concerned I have done "it" exactly 2 times:)
    Good Luck! And congratulations!!!
    Anonymous

• if your way young like in HS it'll be hard
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 3:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Like PP said, it depends on your age and circumstances but you should just be able to tell him. I was married and 24. I called my dad and left him a voicemail saying that I had something important to talk to him about. He called back and jokingly asked "Do you need money or are you pregnant?" I said, "we're fine on money but we're having a baby and Im moving home!" He loves babies so he was excited. Oh, and I wasnt moving home because of marital issues. DH was going overseas and I didnt want to be alone.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 6:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• It will be hard for you to gain his trust back if you are unmarried or in school. You will have to tell him before you start to show. Just be brave and honest with him and plan on him getting upset. But if you are just looking for ideas on how to tell him of his grandchild I just called my dad and asked if he was busy around april 12(my due date) he thought it was funny.
    boysmomma2

Answer by boysmomma2 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i was almost 19 when i got preg for my first child and would have rather died then tell my father but i found the only i could to tell him wich was to just blurt it out 1...2....3.... dad im pregnant he wasnt happy about it but it got it out in the open and i got the support i needed
    nikkilynn1

Answer by nikkilynn1 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2010