2yo sleeping on the floor.....help!

My guy turns two tomorrow...he has been a great sleeper, never tried to escape his crib, went to sleep on his own, and slept 11-12 hrs straight, plus his 2-3 hr nap. We were very lucky!

He decided out of the blue to fight being put in his crib, and he was frantic that night, which ended with him climbing out...each time we put him back down to bed, he'd get out...it wasn't safe so we put his mattress on the floor that night, but he never slept on it, only on the floor. It has been over a week since, we have had his toddler bed set up, and he has not slept in it once. He has come a long way in this week, he no longer fusses much at bedtime, and hardly at all for naps, he is back to taking his normal nap each day- problem is, he is sleeping on the floor of his doorway. We have a gate there, and he sleeps right beside it. I have tried to move him to his bed but he ends up on the floor again.
Waking 1-2 times at night- HELP!

Mom-2-MandH

Asked by Mom-2-MandH at 1:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think he'll grow out of it as fast as he started it. If he is comfy, let it go. At least he's sleeping.
    Anonymous

• I agree!
    Anonymous

• yep, I say as long as he is sleeping, doesn't matter where
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You could try moving the bed around. It is normal for kids to do this. it will be okay.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Maybe put the crib mattress close to the door?
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Maybe he is scared of something? Or maybe he doesn't have enough room in his toddler bed and needs sometthing bigger? That's all I've got.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 2:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I tend to agree with the others. If he's sleeping, let him be. However, you might also try a bigger mattress. We skipped the toddler bed completely and went right to a regular bed. If he was getting uncomfortable in the crib and therefore climbed out, you may have just moved the problem with him. The mattress may be uncomfortable for some reason or just getting too small.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't care as much if he couldn't open his door, and sleep in the doorway- he knows hw to open the child doorknob locks, and all the safety stuff. The gate at the door is the only way to contain him! But he just wants to sleep under it.

Last night he did sleep all night, but at some point of the night he had opened his door and was in the doorway again. I am wondering if we moved his bed in front of the doorway, on that wall, and left his door open, if he'd feel more secure.

He just won't go neat that bed!
    Mom-2-MandH

Answer by Mom-2-MandH at 2:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2010