Bowling while pregnant?

would it be a wise idea? i think thats what my husband is taking me tongiht but not sure. what if i went and just kept it low key, not doing too much just like helping my los push it down the lanes...

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 1:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it's fine. How much does your ball weigh? My toddler weighed about 24 pounds and no one blinked when I was pregnant and also carrying her around.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• You should be fine! Just don't cross that line...it is slicker than snot on the "other side"!! LOL
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• It would scare me, I wouldn't do it.'Better safe then sorry, you can bowl after too.
    Anonymous

• women used to work in the fields till they gave birth, bowling won't kill you
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• "Better Safe Than Sorry" - that's crazy.
    Do you think all pregnant women need to live in a bubble?

Go bowling, have fun! :)
    Anonymous

• It depends on if you are used to bowling. If you aren't a bowler it would be a good idea to only bowl one game with a light ball. Some bowling places have these wooden ramp things for handicapped people to put the balls on and aim and roll. They are fun and then you can not worry. I have problems with arthritis and that's what I do.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My sister in law went bowling with us and she was fine. In this pregnancy book it says "Bowling is OK, although the amount of exercise you get varies. Be careful in late pregnancy; you could fall or strain your back. As your balance changes, bowling could be more difficult for you." If you are not high risk, go and have fun. If you are high risk, I would sit it out until the baby is born. I, unfortunately, am high risk and am on bed rest. It sucks! Have fun mama!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I bowled when I was preggers. I use the 8 lb balls though :) haha.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My mom loves to tell the story about how she bowled her best game ever when she was 3 weeks overdue with me. I was born that night, so she did go into labor../but she was 3 weeks overdue, so who knows if the two are related.

I agree with the others - if you go take it easy and be extra careful about crossing over the line - you don't want to bowl yourself!
    Anonymous

• I bowl every monday night, but I am use to it.. I am sure you are still fine to go just make sure you use a light ball and don't strain when letting it go, just lop it out there...lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 3:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2010