Are you doing anything for your SO for Valentines?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 2:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• oh yea i am.... i love valentines day. i have not really thought of what i am going to do this year.Maybe dinner , movies, or going out to dinner ! my hubby gives me a ring every valentines day since we been together. its been (6 years )
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 2:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• nope.we feel its a useless holiday.we're good to each other yearlong.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yes, I will be, but I'm not sure yet. We have a 4 month old son, so may let him stay at my parent's house that night. Then I'm sure we'll do something nice for dinner, and maybe later I'll get dressed up sexy and start him off with a massage or something, lol. He likes that kinda stuff. Then again, what guy doesn't, haha? Since having a baby it's been not quite as easy to have "intimate" time as it used to be, so maybe I'll make it a fun-filled night. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• nope.

the kids want to do a big fancy breakfast, and maybe skating but no its a normal day.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• TMJ121099 we feel the same way. anyway we have the best thing to celebrate that day. My youngest birthday.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

Does anyone else think that maybe the reason some women don't like it is because their husbands don't bother doing anything for them, so they get bitter? I've noticed this is the case a lot.
    Anonymous

• We don't do Valentine's Day. I think that if he doesn't show his love for me all year long, what is the point of making a big deal out of it once a year? And since he does show his love for me all year long, I don't need him to go out and do something special because Hallmark tells him it is time to. I'd rather he does it on his own when he is really feeling it. It means more that way.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Riotgrrl, just because someone does celebrate valentine's day doesn't mean that they don't show their love all year long, so stop inferring that.
    Anonymous

• Never inferred anything about other people's relationships. Just stated why I don't find it necessary to celebrate Valentine's Day myself. To each their own.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I'm not bitter anon,I really think its useless.My husband has gotten stuff for me in the past,it just felt like you're suppose to do it that day,and i didn't care for that.We do nice things for each other everyday and throughout the year,not just that day.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2010