regifting?

I bought my son a car set 4 xmas....my mil did 2...the same one... so the 1 she bought is n the closet ...he won't evr use it cuz he's got 1...my nephews 2nd birthday is on the 1st...he likes cars and stuff ...wud it b wrong 2 wrap it up n give it 2 him?I've told my sis that I didn't buy it she said that's fine...I plan on buyn him sum cute outfits as well....but I feel like im cheating my nephew...what shud I do??

muthrof_2

Asked by muthrof_2 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Does your son know that gamma 'gave' him his toy? If so then regift your toy in your closet.

If he doesn't know about gamma's gift if he's young then just call it gamma's car always for a bit and let him think of it as a car that has special meaning to his grandmother, then regift your closet toy.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it, as long as the Grandma doesn't find out, lol. Usually I'm not big on the isea of re-gifting, but since your sister knows and doesn't mind, and your nephew won't mind...I think it's totally fine. Especially considering you're getting him other things, why let it go to waste in the closet?
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I htink it is fine. You know it is something he would like and adding an outfit to it is really nice of you too. Don't feel bad the child will like opening it and no reason to let it go to waste sitting in the closet.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• if you have one already and it is new the go ahead and regift it!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Regift! I don't see anything wrong with it at all.
    Anonymous

• Of course re-gift it. What else are you gong to do with it?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• REGIFT!!!
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 3:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• you are helping the planet by not wasting a perfectly good toy to sit in the closet. you are saving money and the child will never know. if your son calls it out, say you got him one to match so they can play together. really i think it is a good thing to regift unused (double) toys.... like my son had the same 2 talking elmo dolls, the one with tags went to toys for tots. am i wrong to regift it?? no it is a Good thing!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• As my son is a "receiver" of many "re-gifted" items and of course we didn't know it til the gifter opened their mouths at the party about it, I would save it maybe for another kid who didn't know that it was a "re-gift", but I mean if your sister is cool with it, by all means, go ahead.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Definately nothing wrong with it. i would definately do it.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2010